Saturday, December 27, 2014

Holiday Hangover



I’m sure many of you woke up yesterday morning (or quite possibly sometime in the afternoon) feeling a bit fatigued and/or melancholy. Even if you weren’t dealing with the after-effects of the self-induced flu (aka being hung over), the letdown from all of the holiday buildup can be a serious bummer. It’s been years since I’ve gone on a bender, but I still get that feeling immediately following a holiday or some other big event that I was looking forward to. The best way I know of to get rid of that feeling is to get into the gym, and that’s what I did. For a couple of hours there was just me, the elliptical machine, and racks of weights (that, and six dozen other people trying to make up for the three plates of ham, side dishes, and desert). I know that for a lot of people working out is a chore that they dread, but I have always looked at it as a treat (yes, I was the kid on your little league team that enjoyed practice as much if not more than the games). I know that it’s a little bit late in the day to put in gym time, but we’ve got another big day on the calendar coming up. So if you’re struggling with the post New Years’ blues next week, try breaking a little bit of a sweat and getting in a workout.

*I know I said that I’d give you an update on how the ribs turned out. Well, I’m happy to report that they were even better than I expected, and both Emma and I will completely endorse the recipe I posted. If you’re looking for something to spice up your New Year’s Eve get-together, or you need something to snack on while you watch football the next day, you might want to give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment